- Is Arbor Day or a similar holiday celebrated in your home country? If so, when?
- Have you ever planted a tree? If so, what kind of tree did you plant? Where did you plant it? What time of year did you plant it? How did you plant it?
- What do trees need in order to survive?
- What foods come from trees?
- What other products come from trees?
- How do people depend on trees?
- Which animals commonly make their homes in trees? Which animals prefer live trees? Which animals prefer dead trees?
- Deciduous trees put on leaves in the spring and lose them in the fall. Name some varieties of deciduous trees.
- Coniferous trees usually keep their leaves or needles year round. Name some varieties of coniferous trees.
- Why are trees an important part of earth's ecosystem?
- What value do dead trees have in an ecosystem?
- What would happen if all the trees on earth disappeared?
- Are there places in the world where there are no trees? What are they like? How do they differ from the place where you live?
- Where could you go to see many trees?
- Why do people sometimes cut down trees?
- What types of trees are commonly found where you live?
- Where might you go to see a palm tree? A cherry tree? A sequoia tree? A pine tree?
- What is clear-cutting? How can this practice damage the environment? Is clear-cutting ever necessary or justified? If so, when? If not, why not?
- What has happened or is happening in parts of the world where people have cut too many trees and not bothered to replant them?
- What steps, if any, does the government of your country take to encourage conservation and reforestation?
- If you could be any kind of tree, what kind would you be? Why?