Conversation Questions for Beginning ESL/EFL Students
The beginning of the school year is a time to build relationships and get to know your students. Use these basic questions to learn more about the students you will be teaching. Limit initial questions to those that students are capable of answering to help them begin the school year on a successful note.
- What is your favorite subject?
- What is your favorite sport?
- What is your favorite food?
- How many brothers and sisters do you have?
- Do you have any pets?
- What is your native language?
- How many languages do you speak?
All content not attributed to another source is original and may not be re-posted on any other website.
Material on this site may be reproduced in printed form for non-commercial use (including school, church, and community/civic club use) as long as proper credit, including a link to this site, is given.
Material may not be reproduced for commercial use without written permission.