We are shaped and fashioned by what we love.
--Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
Valentine's Day Writing and Journal Prompts
- Draw a picture of yourself and a friend or family member enjoying a special moment where you felt or expressed love. Write one or two sentences telling about it.
- Complete this sentence: "I know ________ loves me because ...."
- Create a Valentine's Day coupon book for a friend or family member.
- Make a list of ways that you can show your love for your family members.
- Make a list of people who love you and give at least one reason why you know they love you.
- Write a letter to your Mom or Dad telling them why you love them.
- Describe a time when you felt especially loved.
- Describe the best Valentine's Day you've ever had.
- Write an acrostic poem using the word "FRIEND."
- Think of one reason you like each person in your family or in your classroom. Use your reasons to write Valentine's cards to your family members or classmates.
- Interview a grandparent or elderly acquaintance to find out what Valentine's Day was like during his or her childhood. Use a Venn Diagram to compare/contrast Valentine's Day then and now.
- Design a poster announcing a school Valentine's Day party.
Pretend you are a teacher. Make a list of rules you would use to help keep students from feeling left during
- Write a poem entitled "Love is ..."
- Write an extended definition of love.
- Write an essay telling what makes someone a good friend.
- Should schools allow children to celebrate Valentine's Day in the classroom? Why or why not? Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper arguing your position.
- Imagine a world where everyone loved their neighbor as much as they loved themselves. What would it be like to live in such a world? How would families and communities be changed?
Valentine's Day Story Starters
- My Mom is the best mom in the whole wide world, so I couldn't give her some plain, old ordinary Valentine's Day gift. No, I needed to find a Valentine's Day present as special as she is. ...
- Jake couldn't wait to get to school. Today was the day of the class Valentine's Day party.
- When I looked up and saw Cupid with his bow, I knew we were in trouble. ...
- Mi-Lin woke up itchy. Seeing tiny red spots all over her arms, she groaned. What could be worse than chickenpox on the day of the school Valentine's festival?
- Tommy Terrence thought Valentine's Day was for babies. But one special Valentine's Day made him change his mind.
- Clarence the Candymaker rubbed his hands gleefully. Today, he would introduce the world to a whole new kind of Valentine's Day candy.
- Jessica couldn't believe her eyes. Stuffed into her mailbox was the biggest Valentine she had ever seen. ...
If you are having trouble finding or affording a gift you could look into get a car title loan from Titlemax. You could get cash from a Titlemax loan in as little as 30 minutes.
All content not attributed to another source is original and may not be re-posted on any other website.
Material on this site may be reproduced in printed form for non-commercial use (including school, church, and community/civic club use) as long as proper credit, including a link to this site, is given.
Material may not be reproduced for commercial use without written permission.